What is a social media campaign?
A social media campaign is an endeavour undertaken by a business on at least more than one platform. When creating social media campaign ideas you should focus on ROI and have a good understanding of what your goals are. If you have found success, I recommend to run that into a process and make it your template. Your campaign should be part of your wider online strategy, and if asked what is digital marketing, you should know this is a part of it.
What is an example of a social media campaign?
- Nestle use their KitKat chocolate bar to print their ‘take a break’ slogan. They use a hashtag prior to the slogan which ties in with their online efforts. In the comments can you name any social media ads examples?
Why are social media campaigns important?
Social media helps increase brand loyalty, increase traffic to your website, and you will have a better idea of who your audience and your customers are.
Are social media campaigns effective?
Yes, they help drives sales by increasing brand loyalty and most of all, brand awareness.
What are social media campaign advantages?
- Using social media to build one-to-one relationships
- Introduction to social media advertising
- Calculating your social return on investment
- Requirements for continued success with social media
What are the disadvantages of a social media campaign?
I have split the various disadvantages into two categories:
Dangers of social networking
Below are social networking dangers:
- Time-consuming – to create the adverts and scheduled
- Return of investment can take a while
- The danger of damaging reputation.
- Failure of control.
- Weakens trademark
The risks of social media
Below are some social media risks you should be aware of. Avoid risks of social media in business by keeping an eye out for these:
- Advertising new offers publicly so even existing customers not eligible can see them
- Offending your target market
- Destroying customer support – make sure you respond to people and don’t leave anyone out.
What makes a social media campaign successful?
The ability to be able to reach people on different platforms in the same time frame. This way if they see your advert and don’t get round to clicking it, they will see it again on another platform. It increases the chances of getting traffic and customers. Just be careful on your segmentation. There’s nothing more annoying than seeing the same advert from a company again, again and again.
Why are social media campaigns successful?
- Developing a social media strategy
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Building a content strategy for social media
- Extending your reach on social media
How do social media campaigns work?
Although campaigns differ from company to company and each products will have its own strategy the consistency is a coordinated message. What ever you do make sure all social network platforms work together in unison.
What is a social media campaign objective?
Like with any social marketing campaign, engage with platforms and influencers who have a good reputation. Your objective of a social media campaign is a long term goal. You want loyal customers who will be with you for many years to come. Don’t jeopardise your reputation with shortcuts.
What are the goals of a social media campaign?
- Increase the amount of people who visit your website
- Sell more products or at least get more leads
- Build a community
- Increase your profit
- Create and grow your brand
How do you set goals for a social media campaign?
- Complete a social media audit.
- Determine what’s critical.
- Select your goal-setting framework.
- Produce brand awareness.
- Oversee the brand reputation.
- Create and organise an engaged community.
- Increase conversions/sales.
- Acquire customer/market insights.
How to plan a social media campaign?
- Boost brand awareness.
- Point traffic to your website.
- Develop unexplored leads.
- Increase revenue (by increasing signups or sales).
- Increase brand engagement.
- Create a community about your business.
- Useful social customer service.
How to run a social media campaign?
- Comprehend the goal of the campaign.
- Determine how to promote the campaign on each channel.
- Develop a content calendar for the week/month.
- Develop supporting visual content.
- Timetable posts.
- Monitor and respond.
- Follow up after the occurrence or publicity, if required.
- Analyse and adjust.
The pace would be different for viral marketing campaigns. Some examples would be videos going viral on TikTok
How long should a campaign last?
30 days. Any less then 30 days means you won’t get a proper understanding and will lack the data and analytics to make informed data. 1 month and any longer than this, in my opinion, is not needed. You should have enough data to sit down and review it all. From here you can strategise. The bonus of this is people don’t get sick and tired of your campaign. An example would be wiki 30-day social media campaign
Create a unique hashtag for your campaign.
You will likely be selling a product or service similar to someone else. It is possible to stand out by only using a unique hashtag. The benefit of a unique hashtag is that your staff or customers can click one hashtag and then they can see the full campaign. For social marketing campaigns UK based projects Nestle prints a hashtag on their edible KitKat chocolate bar.
How much is a social media campaign?
You will need money for a campaign manager, the creatives such as the videos, pictures and then the money for the adverts. For a full range of social media marketing services, I would estimate £400 – £4000 a month. It all depends on the size of your business.
How much do social media managers make?
The price varies from £150 to £250 per a month. Please see the social media marketing price list if this is of interest to you
How do you write a social media campaign?
- Your social media marketing goals should align with your business objectives and goals. Do not go on a tangent.
- Before you start get to know your target audience.
- Understand what your competition has done, currently is doing and what they plan to do.
- Check all your profiles and make sure they are consistent.
- During this audit you might notice you need to change banners, update profile pictures or create new profiles.
- Look at other companies or Pinterest and get inspiration.
- Some tools allow you to create a social calendar. Getting posts in here scheduled will help massively.
- Keep on top of your efforts and don’t be afraid to re-work things.
How do you start a campaign?
- Decide on your goals
- Set objectives
- Decides on what platform you plan to use
- Set a budget
- Create your creative material
- Create a posting schedule
- Abide by it
UK social marketing campaigns can differ from oversea ones.
How to create a social media campaign?
These steps are the best ones which help me when creating a successful campaign:
- Take the time to really get to know your audience. Be excited by the same things they love to do!
- Don’t rush into anything. Take some time, enjoy what you do and get to know your competition.
- Create the social profiles for the platforms needed
- Publish your adverts
How to launch a social media campaign
- Examine Your Competitors
- Compose Your Method
- Post-Unique, Trending Content
- Utilise Scheduling Software to Optimise Your Performance
- Make a Memorable Hashtag for Each Campaign
- Go Live
- Analyse Your Performance
Creating a social media campaign can be beneficial in raising awareness for your brand and gaining new leads. I hope the social media ads examples were helpful and you know now how to create a social media campaign.